Hey! Welcome to my blog! In my blog I am going to tell you about my great getaways, including the best and the worst of the places I have traveled to. Hopefully, you will find this helpful in your quest to find a great getaway!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Destination: Rome, Italy- The Colosseum


The Colosseum was amazing! Although it was mainly used for cruel events, I really enjoyed seeing it. On the second level there was an exhibition on the history of the Colosseum, like who started the building of it and neat artifacts. Even though it was deteriorating you can tell that it is not going to fall apart anytime soon! It was definitely built to last! When I was there in the summer of 2009 they were doing some repairs on the building. I believe they were restoring where the arena floor was since it wasn't there, so we could see underneath, where the gladiators and animals were kept way back then. I wish I could see the Colosseum when it was at its best, which was like around 1,900 years ago! Obviously the Colosseum is a must-see, so make sure you see it when you're in Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger