Hey! Welcome to my blog! In my blog I am going to tell you about my great getaways, including the best and the worst of the places I have traveled to. Hopefully, you will find this helpful in your quest to find a great getaway!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Destination: Paris- Versailles!

After watching the movie Marie Antoinette, seeing the beautiful landscapes and architecture of the palace, I told my Mom that we had to visit Versailles when we were in Paris. Although the day we went we didn't have great weather, my expectations of Versailles were not let down. Versailles is amazing- a must-see when traveling to Paris! The most amazing part of the tour at Versailles was seeing the famous Hall of Mirrors. It is funny how everyone's jaw dropped open when we entered into the hall! Here are some pictures of the Hall of Mirrors:





I also really enjoyed seeing the Queen's chamber. It sure is fit for a Queen!


The grounds are spectacular! The gardens are so well taken care of; they are beautiful! Since we went in the summer there were still flowers, and they certainly added to the beauty of Versailles. Here is a picture of a part of the gardens:


I was quite amazed to see the Golden Gate at Versailles. I have never seen so much gold! Despite it being made centuries ago, it looked brand new!

The artwork in the palace rooms on the ceilings and walls is amazing. Just to think of how much work went into all the rooms, and it still looks great down to today! I loved visiting Versailles. I hope one day I can go back and explore more of the property, such as Marie Antoinette's cottage and some of the other areas I was not able to see due to time. You must visit Versailles when you go to Paris! Happy Travels!

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger