Hey! Welcome to my blog! In my blog I am going to tell you about my great getaways, including the best and the worst of the places I have traveled to. Hopefully, you will find this helpful in your quest to find a great getaway!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Destination: Paris- The Eiffel Tower!

Of course one of the highlights of visiting Paris was the Eiffel Tower. Standing under the Eiffel Tower is an amazing experience, because you realize how massive it is since you feel like an ant standing under it! Our hotel, Hotel Le Marquis, was only a five minute walk away from the Eiffel Tower, so as soon as we dropped our suitcases off at the hotel rooms we walked over to the Eiffel Tower. Hotel Le Marquis was the most luxurious hotel I have been in- I loved it there! It is a very cute and beautiful boutique hotel. The rooms were fit for a queen, plus the beds were so comfortable- I slept like a baby!


Hotel Le Marquis

After shopping at Galeries Lafayette, a popular French department store, and other shops nearby from the afternoon into the evening we headed back to the Eiffel Tower. We heard that going up the Eiffel Tower at night is best, and it certainly was! While we were heading up, via elevators (I was too chicken to climb up), the light show started! Below is a YouTube video of the light show. Yes, I did go all the way up to the very top of the Eiffel Tower! It was a bit frightening, but once I got used to the height I was fine and had a great time! When you go up the Eiffel Tower, make sure that you go up when it is dark; the views are amazing since all of Paris is lit up. As well, when it is dark it is harder to tell how far off the ground you are, so it is better for those like me who are scared of heights!



Happy Travels! :)

1 comment:

  1. I would love to visit Paris and see the light show for real! Seems like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger